Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Korean beef BBQ using Ground beef


Korean Beef
(Ground  Beef)



Yesterday I did some experimenting on Beef. I bought a Beef Flank which I bought in rolls. Unfortunately when I was prepping for my Mongolian beef I noticed that the inner part of the flank is rubbery. I don't know what it's called but it seems like its a very very hard tendon. I hate it because I only have a few slices of meat left. So to make it short my dish failed. It was so hard to eat! So lesson learned check your meat before buying it, make sure that you can eat most 98% of it.
So here is my new version, I used ground beef instead and it was awesome. We made it as a rice topping.

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce ( I prefer Kikkoman)
  • T tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 spoon sesame seeds 
  • 1/2 tsp ginger
  • 1 tsp red pepper
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • chopped green onions
Procedure:

  1. Heat a large pan using the oil.
  2. Roast sesame seeds till brown
  3. Saute garlic and ginger, then
  4. add ground beef with brown sugar, soy sauce
  5. season with salt, pepper and crushed peppers
  6. add green onions on top

No comments:

Post a Comment