Saturday, August 31, 2013

How to clean a tile counter top



How to clean a tile counter top

BEFORE
AFTER 


                    When I was still young I remember how clean and organize my room was. From my Barbie dolls, stuffed toys that are arranged by height, to my school stuff and my closet. I don't know, but I think I got it from my mom, well I think I'm more of a neat freak than her. It's just that I can't stand seeing a speck, a crumb or even a loose thread on my floor. I was taught to pick up any dirt that I passed or walked on. Some people think I'm too much but how can someone live and think properly in a surrounding with too much clutter, I know I can't! I just wish that I can pass this on to my child which I have a son that I think I will be having a hard time on doing.
                    One thing I can't tolerate is a dingy, grimy kitchen! Yuck! So we just recently moved into our new place and unfortunately kitchen counter tops are made out of tiles and the gaps in between them are black and mildews have already built in. Even though how much soap I use to scrub it and how much effort of using brush into it, it really would not work. I checked online on tips on how to deal with this situation and a lot of sites are recommending the "Clorox Bleach Pen".
So a Bleach! why did not I thought of it! So me being cheap again, I used what I already have at home. Just a regular bleach from the dollar store and I pour it into an empty spray bottle, no water or anything. Upon spraying I let mine set in for about an hour before I wipe it with a towel rinsed in hot water. It's just that it has a strong smell so I recommend doing this at night when everyone is in their rooms most specially the kids. And don't forget to open the windows!

No comments:

Post a Comment