Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Blueberry Muffins


Blueberry Muffins



I never would have though I would actually love Blueberries. As a matter of fact I've never tried them before only when I went to the the store to buy some for my 17 month old son for him to try a variety of healthy snacks, plus it was on sale. They were so sweet and delicious because from where I came from Blueberries are so damn expensive and I would never have thought on trying them since I'm not a fan of berries.
These blueberry muffins are so good and "crusty". One thing to remember though is to make sure that your Berries are sweet because it might ruin the taste of the muffin itself just like on some of the batches I made. I got really excited to try it I guess.

Ingredients: 

  • 1 stick Butter (1/2 cup)
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg (ground)
  • 2 cups fresh Blueberries ( or how much you prefer)
Procedure:

  1. Preheat oven 375 F. Place liners in muffin pan.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg and milk ( In order for easy mixing)
  3. Combine everything else, berries being the last to avoid squishing.
  4. Fill liner cups using 1/4 measuring cup.
  5. Sprinkle sugar on top. Bake for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment