Monday, October 7, 2013

How to Wash Leather properly



Photo Credit


Do you have those expensive bags, shoes or maybe a jacket that got dirty but you are kind of skeptical to wipe it because you might ruin your investment? 
Here are some tips that I learned from my own experiences:

Use Castile soap. This is a gentle soap that is very good for leathers also on other fabrics.
You can mix it with a 1 cup of warm water and 1 cup of Castile soap
Use a cotton to dab on the dirt spot. I said dab, don't get too much excited as it may scratch your leather.
After damp it with a dry smooth towel.
Lastly, using a tissue paper, finish it with a hair conditioner to restore it's smooth texture.
Very simple right?

Do you have any other insights regarding this topic? Share it with us!

3 comments:

  1. I have heard about castile soap for leather cleaning, It is good, but I have been using another product Leather-Clean which allows me to was my leather bag in water at home. I recommend you to use this solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!THANKS!!!!!! biker jacket

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this great blog.Very inspiring and helpful too.Hope you continue to share more of your ideas.I will definitely love to read. racing suit

    ReplyDelete